Why Montessori Works
Montessori education is based on observation of children and their developmental needs. Discover the science behind the method.
- Multi age classrooms provide a host of benefits.
- Learning is the child’s work.
- Quiet order with children working alone or in small groups.
- Teachers are facilitators and observers.
- There is choice within structure.
- Children are respected as individuals with different needs.
- Every exercise, method and piece of equipment has a purpose.
- Children progress through the curriculum at their own pace.
- We use a multi-disciplinary approach to learning
- Children learn by doing
- Lifelong love of learning
Step into a classroom at The Village School and see Montessori in action.