At The Village School, “Development ” is about strengthening our school community and enhancing the quality of our programs and services. Our Development Department and Committee works to ensure that our school’s directors and faculty have the resources and materials they need to meet the needs of our students by raising money for the Annual Fund.
Through donations and support of our Annual Fund we are able to keep tuition more affordable than comparable independent schools and within reach of a diverse population.
Support of the Annual Fund comes from current and alumni Village School families, Family Foundations, Corporate Matching Gifts, through the Annual Auction and other fundraising events. This generous support has enabled us to improve our facility, reduce our debt service, continue special cultural assemblies and teacher workshops, purchase classroom materials and equipment, grow our endowment, and support the school’s financial aid program.
All families are encouraged to donate to the Annual Fund as % participation is important when applying for grants from organizations.
2016/17 GOAL: $375,000
Ways to Give
The Annual Fund takes place each year and goes from July 1st through June 30th. Our Development Committee works year-long to meet our fundraising goal. Support of our Annual Fund comes from many sources:
- Donations from Families and Friends of TheVillageSchool
- Family Foundations
- Corporate & Matching Gifts
- Gifts of Securities
- In-Kind Gifts (donations of services and/or materials)
- Support of our Annual Auction and other fundraising activities such as our SCRIP program.
Donations to The Village School Annual Fund are 100 percent tax-deductible. Donors are acknowledged in our Annual Report which is distributed at the beginning of each year. There are many ways to support The Village School throughout the year.
We are embarking on a campaign that will transform The Village School and benefit our students and our entire school community. Project Innovation is the final stage of our Capital Campaign. We will be raising funds to furnish our Library/Media Center, our expanded MakerSpace room and our upgraded Health Office.
Make a pledge or donation to Project Innovation or learn more here.
Throughout the year there are events organized by the Development Department that not only raise money for the Annual Fund but also build on the strong sense of community that we have here at The Village School.
- Auction – The Annual Auction takes place in spring and is our largest fundraiser of the year. Our 2016 Annual Auction ‘That’s Amore’ raised over $135,000 for our Annual Fund last year. We would like to thank all the people, businesses and corporations who donated goods or services, along with the many volunteers that gave up hours of their time to put on an evening of ‘fun’draising!
- Casino Night – a fun night with friends usually held in the fall as a back to school event.
The Development Committee
The Development Committee is a parent volunteer body that supports the Development Department in planning and executing development activities and events, including the Annual Fund, over the course of the school year. The Committee meets regularly throughout the year and once a year, conducts a Phone-a-thon, which anchors our annual direct appeal efforts. If you would like to be a part of the Development Committee, please email Louise McMath.