We are thrilled to announce that our auction “Through the Looking Glass” raised over $110,000 again this year! This phenomenal result is thanks to our great community who supported the auction in so many ways. We had an amazing Auction Committee who spent hours pulling it all together. Local businesses not only donated prizes but also took out ads in our ad journal which raised over $12,000 alone. All auction costs were underwritten by Village School families as well as the cost of our teachers attending so that they could be part of this Village School community celebration. We had a smorgasbord of prizes donated for the Live and Silent auctions by local businesses, Village School families and friends.
The profits from our annual auction are an essential part of our yearly Annual Fund and directly benefit programs by funding materials and services. Each year we also have a wish list item and we are proud to announce that our wish list item of a 135” Promethean Activwall was fully funded, along with a bit extra that will allow for software and other upgrades. We have already ordered it and look forward to putting it to use before the school’s year end.
The success of the auction will enable the school to:
- Purchase and replace aging classroom materials on all levels so that our children’s environments are pristine and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces.
- Set up an additional Upper Elementary classroom dedicated to science, geography and cultural studies.
- Pay for ongoing professional development courses which directly benefit your children as they bring new ideas and plans into everyday practice.
- Support our Financial Aid program, keeping our school a diverse and inclusive community.
- Offset unplanned infrastructure expenses such as the HVAC unit that needed replacing earlier this year.
- Provide funds for equipment that helps maintain this 78 year old building.
Once again thank you all for your support, we really do appreciate our friends and families and everything that they do to support the education of the children at The Village School.
Development Director, Current Parent and Alumni Parent