Support Our School
At The Village School, “Support ” is about strengthening our school community and enhancing the quality of our programs and services. Our Advancement Department and Committee works to ensure that our school’s directors and faculty have the resources and materials they need to meet the needs of our students by raising money.
Through donations and support we are able to keep tuition more affordable than comparable independent schools and within reach of a diverse population.
Donations come from current and alumni Village School families, Family Foundations, Corporate Matching Gifts, through the Annual Auction and other fundraising events. This generous support has enabled us to improve our facility, reduce our debt service, continue special cultural assemblies and teacher workshops, purchase classroom materials and equipment, grow our endowment, and support the school’s financial aid program.
All families are encouraged to donate to the Annual Fund as % participation is important when applying for grants from organizations.
Ways to Give
The Annual Fund takes place each year and goes from July 1st through June 30th. Our Advancement Committee works year-long to meet our fundraising goal. Support of our Annual Fund comes from many sources:
- Donations from Families and Friends of The Village School
- Family Foundations
- Corporate & Matching Gifts
- Gifts of Securities
- In-Kind Gifts (donations of services and/or materials)
- Support of our Annual Auction and other fundraising activities such as our SCRIP program.
Donations to The Village School Annual Fund are 100 percent tax-deductible. Donors are acknowledged in our Annual Report which is distributed at the beginning of each year. There are many ways to support The Village School throughout the year.
2019/20 GOAL: $400,000
Throughout the year there are events that not only raise money for the Annual Fund, but also build on the strong sense of community that we have here at The Village School.
- Casino Night – this event takes place in the Fall each year.
- Auction – The Annual Auction takes place in spring and is our largest fundraiser of the year. Save the Date four our 2020 Annual Auction “Sowing the Seeds of Wisdom” which will take place on Saturday, March 28th at The Terrace in Paramus. We would like to thank all the people, businesses and corporations who donate goods or services, along with the many volunteers that give up hours of their time to put on an evening of ‘fun’draising!
The Advancement Committee
The Advancement Committee is a parent and staff volunteer body that supports the Advancement Department in planning and executing advancement activities and events, including the Annual Fund, over the course of the school year. The Committee meets regularly throughout the year. If you would like to be a part of the Advancement Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org